A Cinnamon Stick
1x Lemon Zest
100g Caster Sugar
To make your own Crema Catalana at home:
1. Start by heating the milk with a cinnamon stick and lemon zest in a saucepan.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, caster sugar, and cornflour until smooth.
3. Once the milk has come to a boil, remove the cinnamon stick and lemon zest, and slowly pour the milk over the egg mixture, whisking continuously.
4. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until it thickens, stirring constantly.
5. Pour the mixture into individual ramekins and let cool.
6. Before serving, sprinkle a layer of sugar over the top of each ramekin and use a blowtorch to caramelize the sugar.